Thursday, April 22, 2010

Beyond Comprehension


Your ways Father, are far beyond my miniscule means of existing or comprehending. I revel in that knowledge, that your ways are beyond me, and over me and around me, and it is not necessary for me to know them, just of them. That when I become anxious and bogged down and beaten by the ways of this world, I must trust, blindly, that your ways are infinitely better than anything my mind might grasp. I must focus my limited thinking on those things that are lovely and light and of You. I must return my thoughts to you and your goodness and your love for me. I must always have your words and ways in my being, in order to combat that which is ugly and misleading and nasty. If my thoughts should stray, I must learn to return them quickly to you and allow you to continue to fill me with your grace. And if I should stagger, I know that you are there, remaining steadfast for me, until I return to your care. Ready to throw words at me that will be my life-line and revive. Words such as these:

1 John 2:15 ~ Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Father you are so good and just. I question you not. Continue to remind me to not turn to this world or things of this world for fulfillment...that you are everything I need, and true satisfaction will not come from this world, but from your love, which covers me as a sheild. You are my protection against this world of ugliness and sadness. Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment