Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts

Our thoughts have such power and determine so much in our lives, in the lives of others, and in the world. Our mind is a container for true power over our lives. And when I say power, I mean power to direct our lives to God. If we are able and courageous enough to learn to control our thoughts, we are capable of truly giving our lives to God. Idle thoughts are the devil's playground and bear no fruit in our lives. Thinking the same negative thought 50,000 times does nothing but waste our time and energy. God says to go quickly to those you have offended and ask forgiveness ~ that is because He doesn't want us wasting our time mulling over the offense. What's done is done, but how you react is what gives power to a situation. If you go immediately in forgiveness, it is released from your mind and has no power to create negative thinking.


Ok, let's put it this way, we can only have one thought at any given moment. One! And within you is the ability to control each and every one of those thoughts. God is masterful in His creation, and has equipped us with an innate ability to train our minds to think of that which we desire. Stop yourself right now ~ what are you thinking? Really thinking? Are you even aware most of the time of your thoughts? Or do they run free with wild abandon, having their way with your emotions and heart? Because we can read His ways, and know His ways, but without control over our minds and thoughts, none of that matters. If I'm still thinking angrily about something that happened a week ago ~ what good is the scripture I memorized but am paying no heed to? If I hold unforgiveness in my heart and allow that presence in my mind ~ the devil wins. If I run the same thought over and over throughout my being, that thought has power over my soul and over what comes out of my mouth. If those thoughts are negative and of this world, they do no good for anyone or anything and tend to write themselves on our heart. But if we can think on those things that are lovely and of our Father, those will also write themselves on our hearts and have power over my soul and what comes out of my mouth. Hmmm...I'll take the second choice for a thousand Alex!

If we can learn to first, become aware of our thoughts, and second, to train them to go toward Him, we will learn the way HE desires for us to live. This is no easy feat ~ I will not lie here. But it is possible. It is possible to control our minds and lead them to Him. I think this is the way to bring balance between the inside and the outside.


Wow. Ok Father, I'm aware. I'm ready to take this next step and learn to truly be aware of my thoughts and continue to fill them with your ways. In prayer you teach me how to direct my thoughts to you. I must spend more time praying and and going within, to where you reside. May I pray without ceasing Lord, that my thoughts remain constantly with You and Your ways and Your hope and Your love. Without ceasing Lord.

“As he thinks in his heart, so is he”(Proverbs 23:7 NKJV).

“Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts” (Proverbs 4:23 (GNT))

The more I accept God’s control over my life, the more self-control he gives me!

'Be Still and Know that I AM GOD' -Psalm 46:19

“Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own” (Jeremiah 33:3 MSG)

Mmmmmm ~ here's a great one:
“But offer yourselves to the ways of God and the freedom never quits. All your lives you’ve let sin tell you what to do. But thank God you’ve started listening to a new master, one whose commands set you free to live openly in his freedom!” (Romans 6:16-18 MSG).

As always, I am so filled by your ways Lord. That I have been praying and crying out for you to show me the way closer to you, and you bring it together in this way ~ holding my hand and putting the pieces exactly where they need to be. To know that 5 years ago, before I even believed in You, you were equipping me with the knowledge I would need today, in order to walk closer to you. Wow Father. Wow ~ you are awesome and amazing & my thoughts and heart live with You. May they constantly return to you until there is no separation to be had. I love you Father and I am so grateful that you've chosen me as one of your children. I hold your hand and I marvel at your grace and power and goodness. Thank you Lord, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment