Monday, June 28, 2010

My Heart


She's got a way about her. I don't know what it is. But I know that I can't live without her. Her ways are so intricately subtle at times I don't even recognize them for the magic they are. Her sense of humor is delicious, as is her laugh that reminds me to laugh. Wisdom far beyond me that flows from a pureness which I so desire to soak up and learn from. Watching her sleep quiets my heart and brings peace, as her leg drapes over mine ~ every time! She posesses a strength of character that causes me to wonder why it took me so long to figure it out for myself. She knows her mind and speaks her piece ~ something to be admired. She is growing and learning about life and I so pray for the wisdom to help her grow on her path that is intended and laid out before her. How I wish to help her navigate the ways of this world so that she can avoid some of the darker paths that I walked myself. My heart stops to think of her hurting, but then God gently revives it and reminds me that because she so sweetly believes in Him, she will absolutely struggle, but will always be carried by Him, and I rest easy. She is my reflection, but already so much more and it is my pure joy to watch her life unravel into the beauty He has put there and created. What a treasure to be a part of her story and her heart. May sunshine fall around her in this life always.

I carry your heart with me
I carry it in my heart
I am never without it
Anywhere I go, you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me
is your doing, my darling
I fear no fate
for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world
for beautiful you are my world, my true
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart
I carry it in my heart

EE Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment