Thursday, June 24, 2010

Catcher of Man


I want to follow you so closely Lord that I become a catcher of men. I want you to teach me so deeply, so irrevocably, that my soul be forever changed and become a light to draw others near to you. You physically walked this Earth many years ago ~ you've been here and known the sorrow that abounds. You interacted with all, you taught and you felt and you lived among those who sin, yet you did not sin ~ you loved. You chose the better path, the better way. You always looked up and within, to where the wellspring of all life flows. You chose your Father...every time you chose Him. You resisted all external temptation and knew your place within His Kingdom, knew your reason for existing and you stood strong in that, being a catcher of men.

Lord, work that out in me. Continue to clean my heart that I might not be held back by hurts from many moons ago, that I might be clean and free to look at now...today, and those standing in front of me. Clean my stained glass window Lord, that I might see people and events from your perspective instead of through tainted filters from years of hurt. Complete the awesome work that you've begun in me Lord, for no other reason than I wish others to see you through this life. Without that, I will not truly live and give life. Let it begin at home Lord, that my children and husband be encouraged and changed because of what you're doing in my heart. Let them see the truth of your ways through my existence. That it direct them to you Lord, for you to clean and grow them in the awesome way you do! Let every breath I take be a reminder of the life you've given me to live, to be a blessing, and to be love. I walk this earth because you chose me ~ you knew me before I was in this world, and you have a plan for my life. Give me the strength Lord...the strength to walk in the ways you desire and have planned for my life ~ that you've been waiting for me to recognize and desire for myself. I desire your ways Father. Actually, I desire nothing more at this very moment than to please you and be the amazing woman you've intended all along. I've spent 31 years doing it my way Father and I am ready to be done with that. I am ready to truly and completely surrender my life to you Lord.


Please Father ~ I sit with tears streaming down my cheeks that I know you are catching and wiping away. I know you've been waiting for this moment. Take this life Lord and transform it to reflect you. You are already within me, now I want others to see you on the outside ~ that you be reflected in every pore of my being, inside and out. Overcome my ways Lord, for they are no good. Take away the temptations Lord, remove the sinful ways that I've lived in for so long. Cleanse me and make me truly new in you. I feel you as I type this and I am overwhelmed by your goodness, that you still love me, after 31 years of waiting for this moment. I completely surrender to you and ask for you to pour into me all that I need to live selflessly and become like you...the true catcher of men. AMEN & HALLELUJAH Father ~ Thank You!


Luke 5:8-11
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!" For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners.

Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men." So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment