Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Love Letter ~

Dearest Little Brother (who's not so little any more):

So you've made me an Aunt (again), and new life is always something to celebrate! But along with being a time to celebrate, it is also a time for reflection on this beautiful thing called life. While I can't stop looking at her beautiful pictures, I also can't stop thinking about what her life will mean to you and your crazy awesome wife. Your lives have been completely and unutterably altered, from this point on. You will forever feel that a piece of you is now living and breathing outside of your beings. You will know what it means to truly worry over a cough. You will feel love in a way that you would have never known, had she not been a part of this world. She will cause worry and tears and doubt and fear...along with beauty and laughter and unimaginable joy and peace...knowing that God has given her to only you, and you to her, because He loves all three of you THAT MUCH! Oh, how he must love us ~ to give us the incredible ability to create an entirely separate being from that which makes us who we are. How can you not gaze at her and see God's love for us?

It is in her fingers ~ tiny and perfect. Her sweet cherub lips that are pink and precious! Her face that would melt the hardest of hearts! Pure beauty and loveliness! What's even lovelier is hearing in your voice something that wasn't there before ~ a sense of caring more for someone else than you've ever cared before. An awe of the grace of our Creator ~ that you might be blessed in this way. Let that awe stick little brother ~ forever and ever, please. Because this new walk is one that will take a lifetime, and even then, you still won't be capable of grasping what a huge gift your daughter's life is. That God chose her just for you and has awesomely amazing plans for your family! You so enjoyed giving her her first bath that I can only imagine the day she walks, talks, gets married, and has a child of her own (and trust me ~ it will happen that quickly!)! How proud and overwhelmed with joy I am for you. She is surely going to change your life, even more than she already has and I beg that you dive deep into that change and enjoy every moment of being a father to such a blessed baby girl! Always remember that she is a gift, who is meant to walk this Earth with a purpose and a way all her own ~ specially gifted by our Father and protected by His love that will carry her through life, with your help!



Along with, of course, the help of your beautiful wife whom I love as a sister! Girl ~ you delight my heart in a million ways! You are strong and courageous and kind and lovely, and an incredible mother, this I know already! And the perfect woman for my brother ~ may he hold onto you forever! What a beautiful family you both have created ~ be sure to always keep God at the center of it and to always remember the importance of your marriage! Without the happiness of Mommy and Daddy, there's not much to go on for any of you! So brother ~ make sure to take your gorgeous wife out on a date every once in a while and revere her for the ability to give life ~ your daughters life. And bring her flowers ~ if I remember correctly she's a stickler for roses ~ fill your home with them just because you love her that much.

My heart spills over with love for you and your family in ways I can't describe! And while it saddens me greatly that I cannot be there to share in this momentous time with you and yours ~ please know that I am there fully in spirit ~ thinking of all 3 of you constantly and praying for each of you deeply. We may not be close in terms of miles, but your place in my heart will never be moved or changed - ours is a bond that will last for eternity & I thank God for blessing me with you, and now your beautiful family. It's just sooo good! I love you endlessly and will always be your big sister, even though you have a little one of your own now and aren't so little yourself any more! And remember that your daughter has two cousins who are dying to hold her and just love all over her! They're pretty good at that ;) Much, much love and all that's good being sent your way little brother! Can you feel me hugging you right now? Cause I am, always!!! Congratulations and blessings over your family! And Momma ~ just keep doing what you do because it's all good and you inspire! And precious baby girl ~ you have an Aunt who will love you forever and can't wait to get her hands on you and kiss you all over and eat you up! In just that order! Love you child whom I have yet to meet but is already a piece of my heart!


Love you all so very, very much! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment